Comments on Happy Birthday Baltimore
Alternativewumpus
Date: June 8, 2005 @ 2:02 AM
Holy sunfried crap!!! I need to go to bed.
OtherEvilPicnic
Date: June 8, 2005 @ 8:31 AM
I think I'll have some peanut butter... The ending wants to make me cry. I won't let it.
Alternativedkeifer
Date: June 15, 2005 @ 2:35 PM
I used to live on 29th and Charles, and walk down to this place where I worked on North Avenue. And I'd pass this other place where the facing half of the block was gone and the back half (that faced St. Paul) was burned out. I had acutally watched the building burn one night. So the place (the other place) gradually became a symbol of some kind of personal desolation. At any rate it looked just like this.

And on a personaller note--the way you subvert your own sentiment right there at the end--at the very end--thats what make you guys legion.
Alternativeebarbarella
Date: June 16, 2005 @ 10:55 AM
Groovin very cool birthday song Cool
Rockimemine
Date: June 20, 2005 @ 10:46 AM
This is the most beautiful birthday ballad that I have EVER heard. Not only was I actually in Baltimore just the day after MY own last birthday, and I did once used to live there for 12 birthdays but I LOVE peanut butter TOO. Coincidence? I think not! Yes, I do love peanut butter even though it does get stuck in my throat on occasion but I find that a few UTZ potatoes chips help it go down just fine. Working on North Avenue however is only safe when the lights are on even if you ARE a crack whore or a prostitute. Around 29th and Charles by Hopkins ain’t so bad though. Yes, a lovely tribute indeed. It’s just lovely how the thing blends with the other thing right there at the part there at the hook or bridge or thing. Just lovely. LOVELY---- A LOVELY tribute to a lovely town from lovely peoples about a town with lovely plywood covered brick buildings and water and asphalt and form stone row houses and marble steps and heroin and blue crabs and earth worms and-and ants and clover like flora in the sidewalk cracks and crack and Peter Angelos and Martin O’Malley and the former Mayor Kirk Schmoke and don’t forget the city council dudes (WTF) and speed balls and Kwesi Mfume and Edgar Allan Poe and Matt Smith and Todd Petric-and–and-and-and-and Baltimore. The City that Reads. Or BREEDS---Or Bleeds? LOVELY!!! Just lovely! I love it. This lovely song….about Baltimore and Birthdays and happy. HAPPY! My only complaint is that this is a little “poppy” in that it has a real kind of synthesized sound with that pseudo processed room ambience and surreal sampled sounding guitar and pretty pontificating piano and. I often wish with some of your tunes that it sounded more ”real” and less produced. I think that if you were to take a little polish off the production that you could present a slightly more intimate product that sounds a little more “off the cuff”. Don’t know for sure, perhaps it’s just me? Anyway over all I’d say it’s…………just lovely!

* cough * pass the peanut butter……..please.
Alternativefreddemillio
Date: July 24, 2005 @ 1:51 PM
The vocals are so beautiful and emotional. Singing Wonderful.

The cello ( or whatever the thing that I am hallucinating is a bowed string instrument) is a perfect touch. It adds this touch of class to the ensemble. Is it really there?

The mandolin ( or similar type thingy ) is also a sweet touch. It adds a bit of kindness to the raw emotions in the vocals.

The acappella ending is just what the tune needed.

OtherSnoogans775
Date: August 2, 2005 @ 5:21 PM
there was one time when I used to think sreaming was therapy, but now I think it is just the same as talking with peanut butter in your throat. Then again, wtf is my brain supposed to collect after hearing this?

this is what the people in the middle of the earth play.
Alternativeevansorchid
Date: August 8, 2005 @ 8:32 PM
Deja vu. I've been in this bar.....
Just before 2 o'clock, they sing 'Happy Birthday' until everyone runs outside to the beer garden. This way they can shut down the place before it closes without too many upset patrons.
Othergimpnipples
Date: August 11, 2005 @ 11:08 AM
beauiful...does have the feeling of drunken desperation...
OtherFraDonaghy
Date: August 25, 2005 @ 5:20 PM
I love the lyrics here. I would love to play this at the next birthday party I'm at while they are bringing out the cake.
Some nice harmonies here with the vocals (I am not being sarcastic). I really like this. Thumbs Up
:p (Joking)eanutbutter: - I hope that is an icon, it should be. :)) (Very Happy)
Alternativehate9wicket
Date: August 27, 2005 @ 3:39 PM
my fav of yours so far, In my mind the perfect song for a gaggle of friends to walk home drunk to while practicing Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks.
Electronickoiulpoi
Date: August 29, 2005 @ 9:25 PM
Yup, you all sound drunk.

Intersting though, because it still has form.

Very raw, but it does have something in it. I can hear something more than just drunken yelling. But it's very uncut and rough.

I like the ending.
Alternativesackyjamboree
Date: September 17, 2005 @ 1:02 AM
Sometimes it's the things you miss that make you the saddest.
Electronicvladb
Date: September 20, 2005 @ 9:37 AM
This is the best song i have heard in... i have no idea, but a long time. i thank you.
Rockstrum
Date: October 23, 2005 @ 5:35 PM
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH this is hilarious!.
AHAHAHAHAHAAHa
AdminAlstroph
Date: October 24, 2005 @ 3:37 PM
I'd forgotten about baltimore.

now i remember.

this reminds me of some of the stuff that "Glue" (an experimental band my friend Dan and i started...and decided not to use...talent in) would do.

i demand this be sang on my birthday. in baltimore.
Otherkingo
Date: October 24, 2005 @ 5:31 PM
I assure you that the fact that we don't use talent is not based on any decision.
AdminAlstroph
Date: October 27, 2005 @ 11:07 AM
This is excellent. It's musical... but simultaneously not musical.

(The Minister of Scissors wants to say that he meant no harm in saying that you reminded him of glue who had "no talent" He was saying it was a good thing :) (Smile) )

Excellent song. Laughs Out Loud
AdminAlstroph
Date: October 27, 2005 @ 11:07 AM
oops

~Signed Alstroph
Rockfarfor44
Date: May 16, 2006 @ 6:44 PM
Peanut butter for dinner!!!I like peanut butter,and I also like Baltimore..cool tribute to BaltimoreNoddingthe ending isWow!Wow!
RockGeneHilbert
Date: June 10, 2006 @ 3:53 PM

LOL.... screw peanut butter - we want blue crabs.... Crab .... Too Funny
AdminTameasDust
Date: July 22, 2006 @ 6:58 PM
cool tune :)) (Very Happy)